Commercial Maintenance Technician
Website NAI Miami | Fort Lauderdale
NAI Miami is one of the industry’s leading firms specializing in servicing of commercial grade real estate investments. As a leader in commercial brokerage, we are continuing to build our sales team across multiple product types which include but not limited to: Multifamily, Retail, Office, Industrial, etc.
Head of Property Management overall/Property Managers for specific properties
- Minimum 3 years of experience, preferably in commercial real estate
- Valid real estate license in States that require it.
- Bi-lingual Preferred English/Spanish
- Valid driver’s license, personal automobile and current automobile insurance, as local travel is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work well with a variety of different individuals both inside and outside of the company.
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strategic thinker and multi-task oriented
- Effective team player who also possesses the ability to work independently
- General knowledge and experience of roof systems and repairs.
- Basic understanding of blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Apply problem-solving skills, identify problems and prioritize repair process.
- Understand when a subcontractor is necessary to complete a project, and communicate to manager in a timely manner.
- Maintains an organized workflow including use of shared calendar, document management system, work order tracking system and room scheduling system, where applicable.
- Troubleshoot and perform basic repairs of HVAC systems.
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance at buildings including maintaining logs of all services performed.
- Conducts regular rounds of building and grounds
- Performs some custodial and waste management work in coordination with vender services.
- Properly detail and submit to office all work orders, contractor slips and receipts.
- Complete tenant work orders timely.
- Identify health/safety hazards, maintenance and repair issues, and proactively take corrective action including notification to assigned property manager;
- Stand-by and/or assist with contractors who are performing periodic maintenance activities in the buildings when necessary.
- Maintain ethical, professional and courteous relations with tenants, contractors and associates
- Perform all duties safely, help ensure compliance with city, state and federal safety and environmental laws, codes, standards and regulations.
- Safe driving and maintenance care of any maintenance vehicles/machines/tools.
- Available to respond to emergency calls if necessary. Some nightly and weekend work will be necessary on a periodic basis.
- Assume additional responsibilities as delegated by Property Manager when requested.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in various properties throughout South Florida; works both indoor/outdoor and can be exposed to temperature extremes and other weather conditions when working outdoors; may be exposed to wet slippery floors, objects on floor and various chemicals and sharp objects.
- Constant need to be on feet, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, walk, climb stairs, push or pull, reach with hands and arms above shoulders, balance, climb ladders and lift objects greater than 50 lbs. and carry it a distance of 50 yds.
- Talk, hear, and vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel will be required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org