Property Management Assistant
Website NAI Miami | Fort Lauderdale
NAI Miami | Fort Lauderdale is one of the industry’s leading firms specializing in servicing of commercial grade real estate investments. As a leader in commercial brokerage, we are continuing to build our sales team across multiple product types which include but not limited to: Multifamily, Retail, Office, Industrial, etc.
Head of Property Management overall/Property Managers for specific properties
Provide administrative support to company Property Managers
• Minimum 3-5 years of property management experience, preferably in commercial management preferred.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree. CPM and/or RPA designation preferred.
• Bi-lingual Preferred English/Spanish
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work well with a variety of different individuals both inside and outside of the company.
• Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to convey ideas and concepts both written and verbal
• Ability to understand and explain lease documents
• Ability to draft non-compliance correspondence as it relates to commercial property lease documents
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong computer and online research skills
• Strategic thinker and multi-task oriented
• Effective team player who also possesses the ability to work independently;
• Computer proficiency in advanced features of Microsoft Office
• Experience in Skyline, Yardi, or equivalent commercial property management software required
• Accurate typing speed of 50 wpm
• Valid driver’s license, personal automobile, and current automobile insurance, as local travel is required
• Work order implementation/tracking inclusive of engineering/maintenance coordination
• Maintaining HVAC maintenance logs & tenant/vendor Certificates of Insurance and ensuring compliance w/lease
• Collects monthly rental payments, runs delinquency status reports, and prepares default notices
• Review accuracy of A/R Scheduled Charges (prior to Manager Approval)
• Review accuracy of A/P Invoices coding (prior to Manager Approval)
• Maintain tenant and property files inclusive of filing
• Maintain incident activity logs and creates incident reports as needed
• Maintain Gross Sales logs where required
• Ability to explain tenant Annual CAM/RET reconciliation process
• Provide additional administrative support: special project assistance, purchase orders, vendor/construction contract preparation, and utility log maintenance
• Assist in the weekly property reporting process including variance writing
• Assist in the budgeting preparation process
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional travel will be required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org